Friday 31 May 2019

A New Lunch Bag


I've been taking my lunch to work with me for years now.  Most recently in this tatty plastic bag.  Mostly it gets shoved into my big bag, but its useful in case there isn't room as it has handles. 
However the blue colour comes off on everything (including my work laptop - don't tell) and a couple of weeks ago I put my finger through it as I tried to force it into an already over stuffed bag.


So I decided to make myself a replacement.  I found some rip-stop nylon on the web in a lovely shade of purple - this is really light weight but durable.  Then I just needed some time to put it together - a cool May Bank holiday was perfect.


I didn't have to do much except copy the bag I was already using.  So I cut out a paper template then cut out my material and sewed it all together. 


With the body put together I added the handles and now have myself a lovely light weight bag which takes my lunch boxes perfectly.  It only took me a morning and hopefully it will last much longer than the tatty plastic bag.

No comments: