Sunday 12 May 2019

Basingstoke Festival 5k Race 2019


Today I ran the 7th Basingstoke Festival 5k race.  Not only is it the 7th time this race has been held but its the 7th time I have run it.  We had a lovely morning for it, sunny but not too hot but I was glad I decided to wear shorts and a t-shirt.
Following my success at the Winchester 10k I was determined to get my time under 26 minutes where it has stuck now for the last couple of years. 
This is a really nice race - you start off running through the shopping center, then out round Waitrose and some office buildings before running round a boating lake.  And it's so well organised, my time was printed out and stuck on a board by the time I'd caught my breath and no queuing for toilets either.  I just wish the medal was a little more exciting.
Anyway, I was dead chuffed to come in at 24:59.  Only 6 seconds slower than my 5k PB.   
I look forward to coming back next year and seeing if I can get it under 24:50!

No comments: