Sunday 26 May 2019

Snowflake Coaster


When we first moved in together I found some lovely placemats for the dinning table.  But that was a while ago now and they are starting to look pretty tatty.  I've been looking to replace them, but I haven't found any I like, so I decided maybe I should make some.


So when I came across Martin Storey's Snowflake design which includes coasters, placemats and a table runner, I knew these were the ones.  Its a pretty design and very straight forward to knit.  I've made one coaster so far, but now I know what I'm doing it shouldn't take long to make the whole set, it's the sort of thing I'll do between bigger projects.  And now I know that while continental knit stitch is amazing, continental purl is pure evil.  I look forward to completing the set. 

No comments: