Wednesday 30 June 2021

The Sky Blanket - June

 

And the Sky Blanket continues.  I'm still managing to keep up, but our social lives are starting to pick up again as lockdown is reduced.

I thought I'd explain how I make my bumpy cloud squares today.  All my squares are knitted with double strength DK - so two strands held together, which allows me to have more colour variety.  For these squares you need 4 strands of DK.  Two of blue to make your sky and two of cloud colour - white or white and grey or just grey.

 

So cast on 12 stitches in sky colour.

Row 1:  Knit in sky colour.

Row 2: Purl in sky colour.

Row 3: Knit 3 stitches in sky colour, add your cloud colour and purl 3 stitches.  Make sure you bring your cloud colour to the back of your work and knit 3 stitches in sky colour.  Purl the last 3 stitches in cloud colour.

Row 4: Purl 3 stitches in sky colour, knit 3 stitches in cloud colour, purl 3 stitches in sky colour and knit 3 stitches in cloud colour.

Repeat these 4 rows 2 more times.  

Row 13: Knit in sky colour.

Row 14: Purl in sky colour.

Row 15: Knit in sky colour.

Cast off all stitches and sew in all your ends.  Leave a nice long tail of sky colour to sew into the rest of the blanket.

No comments: