Saturday 3 July 2021

Carbeth Cardigan

 A few years ago I knitted the Carbeth Jumper for my friend Katie.  It's a lovely pattern and an easy knit and I added it to my list to knit myself one.  But I'm not that kean on a roll neck.  I find they itch, so I kept putting it off.

But then Kate Davies released a Carbeth Cardigan pattern.  Now the high neck wouldn't itch but I'd have the beauty of the rest of the jumper.  Win.  

So in January I got myself some wool - Paintbox Yarns in Chunky Mustard Yellow, and got knitting.  The cardigan is knitted in a different way from the jumper, but it was still an easy knit.  Until I ran out of wool in mid Feb, only to find they were out of stock and I couldn't get any more. 

I moved onto the Persian Tiles crochet blanket while I waited, and waited, and waited.

Finally in May I got more wool.  So I finished off the blanket before going back to the cardigan, which didn't take long to finish.  I then raided my button jar to find the perfect buttons, before giving it a rinse and blocking it out.

Normally I like a longer jumper/cardigan, and if I knit this again I might well add some length to the body, but I really love it and think its super cute.  It works just as well over a pair of jeans or a summer dress.  I'm looking forward to wearing it.

No comments: