Saturday 31 July 2021

The Sky Blanket - July

The blanket is growing, as you would expect.  As its July I had hoped for a bit more blue, but other than one week of heat wave it's mostly been sunshine and showers. 

One week of a heat wave

I thought I should record how I've been joining the squares.

I start by leaving a long tail when I finish a square - about 20cm long.

With right sides facing I then use the tail from the left hand square to sew them together.

I then continue along the line until the row is finished - always using the tail from the left hand square.

When I start the next row below, I use what is left of the tail from the left hand square above to join the square below.


I then repeat for this row - using the tail from the left hand square to join the next square, and so on.  Easy when you know how.

 

No comments: