Monday 12 August 2013

Papermaking - day 1

This morning I got an early train into London with a huge bag of stuff for the Papermaking for artists and designers, but I made it to the Bank Hill campus of Central Saint Martins in good time without loosing anything and had a brilliant day making paper pulp and turning this into small sheets of paper.
I have wanted to make my own paper for a long as I can remember, my first attempt was using algae from the garden pond when I was small, so to be doing it for real was amazing.
We used cotton and sisal as our base and then added other papers to them, the above are a green and purple version.  The fact that by the end of day one I had 8 different A5 sheets to take home (once dry) made me very happy.
Our tutor Mandy Brannan obviously knew her stuff and it was a great first day.  I can't wait to go back tomorrow.

No comments: