Saturday 22 January 2022

Mishka the Bear

 I love a small knitted bear, so when I found the pattern for Mishka the Bear, I knew I had to have a go, and thought he'd make a lovely gift too.

But although he's come out well, the whole project was a fight. Maybe my wool wasn't a good match for the project?  But trying to knit in the round with only 4 stitches in a fluffy wool was a challenge that I ended up giving up on and his arms and feet were knitted flat.

I think he came out smaller than expected, so then I had to downsize his jumper a bit and use tiny needles, I still think it's too big, but I guess it's cosy.

 

So all in all the project took a lot longer than I thought it would and a lot more swearing too.  I'm glad to have finished it and as I said I think he's come out well, but I don't think I'll be attempting this one again.

No comments: