Friday 24 March 2023

Introduction To Bookbinding - Week Five

 

This week on the Introduction to Bookbinding course we made a button hole binding.

This is a really interesting design allowing you to see the inside of the book while it's closed.  And while it looks quite impressive, it's actually quite simple to make.

 

I was a little disappointed with the video for this one.  It felt like part of it was missing, especially round how to create the cover.  It didn't stop me from making one, but having made it I can see my spine should have been thinner.  I'll know for next time.

I did however love the idea of including an envelope in one of the signatures, giving you a little pocket to put things in, making this a good one for a journal or travel diary. 

Only one more week to complete and the one I've been really looking forward to - the clam shell box.


No comments: