Tuesday 7 March 2023

Introduction To Bookbinding - Week Three

 

This week we were making stab bound books.  So instead of sewing our pages together then adding a cover we bound the whole lot together.

First we made a soft bound list book.  This was very quick to make, but makes a nice little book.

 

Next we made a hard covered book.  I love this so much!  Each cover is made of two parts to give a flexible spine.

I used some gold paper from my stash and was going to use a pretty yellow paper for the end papers but then realised I hadn't quite cut the boards square.  But the gold paper was on by then so I used a white and silver stripy paper bag instead.  (didn't want to waste that yellow paper on a not quite right book.)

 

Even though it's not quite right I do really love the gold book.  I want to try it again and maybe use some of the more decorative sewing techniques that she showed us.  

Another interesting week adding to my knowledge of bookbinding.

No comments: