Sunday 12 March 2023

Kiss Of North

 

 I've been trying to stash bust my yarn.  It's harder than you might think.  You might have a nice pattern, but then you need the right yarn.  And enough yarn.  So many of my patterns need more than one or two balls.

However as I was looking through my patterns I came across one that seemed to be a match with some yarn I had left over from the Carbeth Cardigan I made a couple of years ago.

 

The Kiss of North pattern is for a seamless vest that looks perfect for taking the dog for a walk on a fresh morning, when you don't quite need a jumper but you don't want to just go in just a t-shirt.

 

It uses a stitch I've never used before to make the bottom and edges; looking on YouTube it might have been a Rosette Stitch?  Whatever it was, once my head/fingers had got the idea it was pretty quick to knit and actually makes a very pretty pattern.

 

It's maybe not quite as long as it could be, but I only had 4 balls of Paintbox Simply Chunky to work with, and only had a small amount left over.

I then finished it off with wooden buttons from the local wool shop.

 

I'm very pleased with the finished item.  It was an easy quick knit and looks great.  Also no seams which has to be a bonus.  And it used up 4 balls of yarn, 'im outdoors will be pleased.

All I need now is some warmer weather to try it out in.

No comments: