Tuesday 14 March 2023

Introduction To Bookbinding - Week Four

 

This weeks bookbinding projects included a bojagi scroll book and a Chinese thread book.

With limited time I decided to focus on the Chinese thead book and had a lot of fun folding each of the sections.  

 

Apparently it was originally design to hold small sewing notions, but could hold anything really.  She has a different project on her site which uses them to create a Christmas advent calendar with each one for a different day and holding a chocolate.

I love this project as it includes a couple of hidden sections too!

 

I just used plain paper for this one as I wasn't sure how it would come out, but it could look really nice using a printed paper design.

 

I'd like to try this again, but including a closer to hold it closed when its full of goodies.

It was a fun little project to spend an afternoon on.  I think they could make some nice gifts to give friends and family.
 

No comments: